For those agencies that have particular needs for specialised analytical services, but are unable to meet them through their own resources, Both the Intelligence Study Centre and European Intelligence Centre offer out-sourced research services. We provide independent and intellectually rigorous research on issues important to organisational concerns. In this area, we have established a track record in undertaking detailed strategic-level research in areas such as law enforcement, business planning and environmental conservation and protection. The service is generally provided on contract under conditions of full confidentiality, in accordance with the client's requirements.
OUT-SOURCED ANALYTICAL SERVICES
In some cases organisations have an occasional need for additional analytical input to contribute to their operational demands and priorities, but cannot meet the resource requirements. The Intelligence Study Centre will negotiate to provide staff to undertake analytical work either on a case-by-case basis or, if required, through term placement of analysts on site under period contract. Both of these arrangements are extremely cost-beneficial to the client organisation since it can avoid expensive staffing overheads, delays and downtime.
In addition to the above analytical services, we provide advice to organisations that wish to develop or perhaps refine their intelligence analysis capacity. The Intelligence Study Centre provides well-researched input into how intelligence and analysis might best be applied within that specific organisation. In doing so, we undertake the following activities:
- establishing suitable intelligence management/operations protocols and lines of control
- recommending appropriate tasking regimes
- developing appropriate organisational structure options
- providing options on staffing levels and standards
- developing Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) guideline handbooks
- identifying training needs, designing specific courses to meet those needs, and delivering them to the bespoke clients
- suggesting information technology solutions appropriate to the functional responsibilities
- conducting strategic assessments for development of government and corporate infrastructure
- preparing major strategic policy documents to govern agency functions in accordance with established responsibilities
Clients of these services include agencies or corporations with responsibilities for import/export controls, environmental regulation of wildlife and pollution, financial services to government, engineering and minerals extraction.
Typical clients have included the following agencies:
- HM Revenue and Customs (UK)
- Frontex (Poland)
- Mount Isa Mining (Australia)
- Local Government and Municipal Councils (Australia)
- Australian Quarantine & Inspection Service
- Environment Australia
- UNODC Bangkok
- Immigration Department (Indonesia)
- Debswana Diamond Mining Corporation (Botswana)
- Environment Canada
- Criminal Intelligence Service Alberta (Canada)
- US Department of the Treasury (FinCEN) in Washington D.C.
- Eximco (Mexico).
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
If finding out more about ISC Consulting Services interests you, or if you simply want to learn what ISC is doing up to the minute, please contact the Intelligence Study Centre nearest you or write to the Director, Don McDowell, at firstname.lastname@example.org.